The HCCFC exists to support and promote social service, health and wellness co-operatives in Canada through work within and beyond our sector.
We are working on this in 4 strategic areas :
- Relationships. Creating and fostering relationships among members, between members and others, between the Federation and others in the health and co-op sectors.
- Resources and Research. Identifying and sharing:
- the programs and practices to strengthen the work of our member co-ops
- the resources for the sector to continue to expand
- Recruitment. To attract:
- additional members
- a wider base of support
- Within our local communities
- Nationally and internationally in the wellness, social services, health and co-op communities
- to inform the public and policy makers about the community wellness benefits and the cost savings that are created by health, social service and wellness co-ops